Metabolic Testing (Urine) + Hormone Test 24 Hour Saliva
The Metabolic Testing (Urine) examines metabolic capabilities as they relate to the HPA Stress Response System. This profile can help identify methylation status and specify appropriate forms of supplementation, including B vitamins, inhibitory (calming) or excitatory (stimulating) amino acids, and appropriate detoxification support. Consider saving money by purchasing the HPA 4 Amino Acid + Hormone Profile. This bundle includes both the Metabolic Testing (Urine), as well as your first supply of the Custom Day Crème and Custom Night Crème!
All kinds of stress, whether emotional or physical, activate a wide array of behavioral and physiological responses that are collectively referred to as the HPA Stress Response System. A balanced HPA System has a profound anti-inflammatory effect on the body as it decreases proinflammatory cytokines production. An imbalanced response (maladaptive response) triggers (activates) the Inflammatory System, downregulating the Regulatory Systems by upsetting the feedback systems in the HPA. This means that as the Stress Response System is diminished, inflammation and the variety of symptoms that accompany it will increase.
This profile comes with two customized crèmes: one for the morning and one for the night. If used 2x/day, the day crème will last for 30 days. If used 1x/day, the night crème will last for 55 days. People who have chronic sleep interruptions may want to use the PM crème 2x/night, making it last 30 days. Ingredients found in the crèmes can include plant derived hormone precursors, herbs, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and nootropics.
Suggested use: 10AM urine collection
URINE COLLECTION INSTRUCTIONS: Single 10AM Collection.
Female clients: Do not collect urine specimen when menstruating, blood may contaminate the specimen.
Before Collecting Urine: Place provided Uline Cold Packs in freezer. Be sure to include the frozen packs when returning your specimen. DO NOT PLACE COLD PACK INSIDE small/clear plastic bag – only the urine specimen and absorbent cloth goes in there.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. OK to stay on all supplements/ all medications, KEEP NORMAL ROUTINE. Please list all medications and supplements including dosage on the enclosed health questionnaire.
2. The evening prior to collection eat a light dinner. Limit protein to no more than 4 ounces.
AVOID: Nuts, cheeses, and alcohol of any kind.
3. The evening prior to collection fast from 10PM until 10AM the next morning (12 hours). Drink water only. No protein shakes, meat, fruit juice, etc… This allows us to test endogenous production and metabolic utilization.
4. The morning of your collection:
a. Limit water to 6 ounces or less in AM
b. Do not have caffeine.
c. Avoid vigorous exercise.
d. Void first urine of the day.
e. Collect 2nd urine of day preferably at 10AM - midstream. (See collection instructions below)
CAUTION: Urine container includes chemicals used to preserve sample during shipping.
(Avoid contact with skin and clothing.) DO NOT REMOVE IT, AND DO NOT WASH IT OUT.
1. Void 1st morning urine in toilet.
2. Collect 2nd urine @ 10AM (midstream) in enclosed urine collection cup, marked “collection cup”
3. Pour urine into the screw cap transport tube (with yellow top) fill ¾ full and cap tightly.
4. Invert the transport container a few times (gently shake tube one time to mix fluids.)
5. PRINT name and date of collection on transport container (small tube with yellow top).
6. Store the specimen in the refrigerator until ready to transport. DO NOT FREEZE URINE.
7. Specimen must be shipped within 24hrs of collection day, preferably same day of collection. Lab processing time is 3-4 weeks for test results. Lab results are reported by secure email.
The frequency of retests is based upon your results.
Markers included in the HPA 1 Profile: LC/MS/MS
- Serotonin: Dopamine Ratio
- Norepinephrine: Epinephrine Ratio
- Glutamic Acid
Essential Branched-Chain AA:
- Valine (VAL)
- Leucine (LEU)
- Isoleucine (ILE)
Essential Aromatic AA:
- Tryptophan (TRP)
- Phenylalanine (PHE)
- Tyrosine (TYR)
- Histidine (HIS)
Essential Other AA:
- Methionine (MET)
- Threonine (THR)
- Lysine (LYS)
- Phenethylamine (PEA)
- Glutamine (GLN)
- Glutamic Acid (GLU)
- Asparagine (ASN)
- Aspartic Acid (ASP)
- Alanine (ALA)
- Proline (PRO)
- Arginine (ARG)
- Glycine (GLY)
- Cysteine (CYS)
- Serine (SER)
- Beta Alanine (BALA)
- Histamine (HA)
- Carnosine (CAR)
- Ornithine (ORN)
- Citrulline (CIT)
- 2-Alpha-aminoadipic Acid
- Alpha-aminobutyric Acid
- Beta-aminoisobutyric Acid