HPA 4 Amino Acid + Hormone Profile
An HP4 Profile combines both collections of the HP1 Amino Acid Profile and the Circadian24-Hour Hormone Profile.
All kinds of stress, whether emotional or physical, activate a wide array of behavioral and physiological responses that are collectively referred to as the HPA Stress Response System. A balanced HPA System has a profound anti-inflammatory effect on the body as it decreases proinflammatory cytokines production. An imbalanced response (maladaptive response) triggers (activates) the Inflammatory System, downregulating the Regulatory Systems by upsetting (by binding receptors) the feedback systems in the HPA. This means that as the Stress Response System is diminished, inflammation and the variety of symptoms that accompany it will increase.
The purchase of this test includes:
- Flowsheet (reports neurotransmitter metabolic results and AA results)
- Report (Sex and Adrenal Hormones from saliva collection)
You can see a sample of the flowsheet for this profile on the right.
This product also comes with two custom crèmes: an AM crème and a PM crème. The morning crème will last for 30 days if used 2x/day, while the night crème will last for 55 days if used 1x/day. Those with chronic sleep interruptions may decide to use the night crème 2x/night, which will allow it to last only 30 days. Ingredients may include plant derived hormone precursors, herbs, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and nootropics.
Suggested Use: 10AM urine + 6 x saliva collection
Instructions: For the most accurate results of your current hormone levels, ship specimen within 2 days of collection.
Saliva Collection Times: 8AM, 12PM, 4PM, 8PM, 12AM, 4AM.
Saliva Collection Instructions:
1. To help your body produce enough saliva for this test please drink at least 5-7 glasses of water the day before and the day of the test.
2. Before starting sample collection:
Avoid bleeding gums, do not eat, drink, smoke, chew gum, or floss for 45 minutes before collection. Bleeding will invalidate test and make recollection necessary. Recollection due to blood contamination will have additional fees.
3. Begin with the 8AM collection tube(s). Depending upon your test, continue with all other tubes included and finishing with the 4AM collection tube. Open the correct time-labeled tube and withdraw the salivette swab. If you are having a regular period, collect saliva on 2nd day of bleeding, or on the day your practitioner instructed you.
4. It is very important that the samples be collected at the correct time and placed in the properly time-labeled tubes. Set a timer if necessary. Each hormone collection tube is identified with a collection time.
5. Open the correct time-labeled tube and withdraw the salivette. Some days have multiple tubes, use all tubes intended for that day. (Day 2 is second day of period)
6. Place the salivette in your mouth between gums and cheek. Rub your cheek and wiggle your tongue to stimulate saliva secretion. DO NOT CHEW. Be sure the salivette is soaked with saliva before removing it from your mouth.
7. Place the salivette back into the smaller tube located inside the transport tube and tighten the cap to eliminate leakage.
8. Store the samples in the freezer, as they are collected. Make sure you use all the tubes intended for the collection and that your name, birth date, and date of collection is on all tubes, questionnaire and the request slip.
URINE COLLECTION INSTRUCTIONS: 10AM Collection only.
Female clients: Do not collect urine specimen when menstruating, blood may contaminate the specimen.
Place Uline Cold Packs in freezer. Be sure to include the frozen packs when returning your specimen. DO NOT PLACE COLD PACK INSIDE small/clear plastic bag – only the urine specimen and absorbent cloth goes in there.
Following Sabre’s specimen collection procedures ensures integrity and specificity of the test.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. OK to stay on all supplements/ all medications, KEEP NORMAL ROUTINE. Please list all medications and supplements including dosage on the enclosed health questionnaire.
2. The evening prior to collection eat a light dinner. Limit protein to no more than 4 ounces.
AVOID: Nuts, cheeses, and alcohol of any kind.
3. The evening prior to collection fast from 10PM until 10AM the next morning (12 hours). Drink water only. No protein shakes, meat, fruit juice, etc… This allows us to test endogenous production and metabolic utilization.
4. The morning of your collection:
a. Limit water to 6 ounces or less in AM
b. Do not have caffeine.
c. Avoid vigorous exercise.
d. Void first urine of the day
e. Collect 2nd urine of day preferably at 10AM - midstream. (See collection instructions below)
CAUTION: Urine container includes chemicals used to preserve sample during shipping.
(Avoid contact with skin and clothing.) DO NOT REMOVE IT, AND DO NOT WASH IT OUT.
1. Void 1st morning urine in toilet.
2. Collect 2nd urine @ 10AM (midstream) in enclosed urine collection cup, marked “collection cup”
3. Pour urine into the screw cap transport tube (with yellow top) fill ¾ full and cap tightly.
4. Invert the transport container a few times (gently shake tube one time to mix fluids.)
5. PRINT name and date of collection on transport container (small tube with yellow top).
6. Store the specimen in the refrigerator until ready to transport. DO NOT FREEZE URINE.
7. Specimen must be shipped within 24hrs of collection day, preferably same day of collection.
Lab processing time is 3-4 weeks for test results. Lab results are reported by secure email. The frequency of retests depends on your results.
Markers included in the HPA 4 Profile: LC/MS/MS
6 x Circadian Saliva Collection Evaluates:
Cortisol 6 x , DHEA-S 3 x, Progesterone, Estradiol, Testosterone.
Collection times: 8AM, 12PM, 4PM, 8PM, 12AM, 4AM
10AM Urine Collection Evaluates:
- Serotonin: Dopamine Ratio
- Norepinephrine: Epinephrine Ratio
- Glutamic Acid
Essential Branched-Chain AA:
- Valine (VAL)
- Leucine (LEU)
- Isoleucine (ILE)
- Essential Aromatic AA:
- Tryptophan (TRP)
- Phenylalanine (PHE)
- Tyrosine (TYR)
- Histidine (HIS)
Essential Other AA:
- Methionine (MET)
- Threonine (THR)
- Lysine (LYS)
- Phenethylamine (PEA)
- Glutamine (GLN)
- Glutamic Acid (GLU)
- Asparagine (ASN)
- Aspartic Acid (ASP)
- Alanine (ALA)
- Proline (PRO)
- Arginine (ARG)
- Glycine (GLY)
- Cysteine (CYS)
- Serine (SER)
- Beta Alanine (BALA)
- Histamine (HA)
- Carnosine (CAR)
- Ornithine (ORN)
- Citrulline (CIT)
- 2-Alpha-aminoadipic Acid
- Alpha-aminobutyric Acid
- Beta-aminoisobutyric Acid